- Development Agreement "MDA") to be entered with the Government by applicants for Special Mining Licence to:
- Guarantee the fiscal stability of a long term mining project.
- Address environmental matters including posting of a rehabilitation bond.
- Address dispute resolution.
- Guarantee procurement of goods and services available in Tanzania.
- Ensure employment, training and succession planning.
- Agree upon Free Carried Interest ("FCI") and government participation
(currently there are no precedents on the amount of FCI the Government
has entered into).
- The MDA is valid for the duration of the Special mining licence and is subject to periodic performance review by parties after every five years.
Special Mining Licence
Application to be made in prescribed form and should include:
- Period for which SML sought, which may be the estimated life of the ore
body indicated in the feasibility study report, or such period as the
applicant may request whichever period is shorter.
- Comprehensive statement of minerals sought.
- Programme for mining operations.
- Proposed plan for relocation, resettlement and compensation of people in mining proposed area.
- Environmental Certificate issued under the Environmental Management
- Details of infrastructure requirements.
- SML shall be renewed by the Minister for a period not exceeding the
estimated life of the remaining ore body and with variation of conditions
of the licence.
- Tanzanian law offers guarantees against nationalization and expropriation.
- Tanzania is a member of both the International Centre for Settlement of
Investment Disputes and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency.
- Free/Unconditional Transfer of Capital, Profits and dividends.
- Investors have the right to make transfer payments in freely convertible
To get an electronic copy of the Mining Act 2010 please write to us on email@example.com with subject "Mining Act 2010".